(Children in Trauma Intervention Camp)
Reminders and More
Absences: please call in your child's absence by 9:00am. For
your convenience, you can also email your child's teacher by
*** Please remember to bring in a note
for any absence ***
any items??? Please remember to label all student items; lunch
boxes, coats, musical instruments, etc. Also, we have small collection of
glasses if any student is missing a pair. All left over items will be donated if not claimed.
for a field trip or book? Please remember that any monies that
are brought to school should be in a sealed envelope with your child's name,
room number and what the payment is for. Thank you!!!
- 2016 - 2017
Student Fees: To check and see if you have paid your student's
yearly District fees please visit your Power School account and click on
'Balance' (represented with a small stack of coins) on the left side of the main
page. You can also call the school office if you have any questions regarding
your student's account, 363-5000.
Friday is Spirit Wear Day! Encourage your students to wear
their school spirit wear every Friday.
1. The Eagle's Nest Newsletter is sent home to every Sands family at certain times of the school year.
2. Office hours are 8:00am -4:30pm. If you arrive after 4:30pm for any of our athletic programs, please enter through the gym doors as the main door automatically locks at 4:30pm.
3. Student safety is of the utmost priority at Sands. The following car line procedures are to ensure the safety of all students and staff members:
* (3-6) students and their siblings are to be dropped off at the side (3-6) entrance. They should exit the car only when a staff member opens the door.
* (6-9) and (9-12) students are to be dropped off in the front circle. Students may exit the car with the assistance of a staff member of when a car has safely stopped in the front circle.
* Please wait patiently for the cars in front of you to load/unload passengers and do not pull around to exit. Staff members will direct traffic, should there be a delay, and cars will be safely routed around a stopped car.
We appreciate your understanding and patience.
- Upcoming Events:
7:00-8:00 Family Yoga in the Library with Jen Wright
February 2nd 6:30-7:30 in the Cafeteria, Mindful Strength Family Bingo
May 16th 6:30-7:30 in the Gym, Mindful Strength Olympics with Stacy Sims
Walnut Hill Athletic Association
Academic Enrichment Resources
- School Begins - 9:15 am
- Dismissal - 3:45 pm
- Parents and Guardians are always welcome at the school. Parents and visitors must report to the office and get a pass, using the Lobby Guard System, before going to the classroom
- Parents who would like to have a conference with their student's teacher must schedule an appointment. It is vital for the teachers to be focused on the students and instruction during the school day.
- Tentative dates for school tours. Call the office if you have any questions 513-363-5000.
February 2 & 16
March 2 & 9
Cell Phones & Electronics
Cell phones and entertainment electronics, such as headphones, CD players, pagers, video games, radios, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted during the school day.
- Cell phones are only to be used in an emergency. Cell phones and entertainment electronics will be confiscated if seen or heard by school staff. They will be returned to parents only.
- Parents: please understand that students have access to the office phone to contact parents.
- In case of emergency parents/guardians may reach their student by calling the main office at 363-5000 .
Any suggestions for the school website? Please email me, Judy North Health Assistant Northju@cps-k12.org